I knew you would come …


When my mother was alive, I visited her often and I would always visit her on her birthday … no matter where I lived in the country … 


one time, when I lived in Chicago and my mother’s birthday was the next day … I hopped into my car and drove 15 hours back to New Jersey to be able visit my mother on her birthday,  to be able to say to her face to face,  “Happy Birthday Mom, I love you”… my mother said this back to me on that day… “I knew you would come” … my mom knew,  I would never forget her and I would always be there for her no matter where I lived …



My mother did not have to ask me to come on her birthday, I just showed up  or she did not need to ask for help,  I just came and gave it, as a sign of love and respect for the woman who raised me and gave me life … this is not common in most families now …



Unfortunately in my family, there is no such depth of loyalty anymore and there is no such depth of loyalty in the church anymore either … I remember when I was in a horrific car crash in 2011… I emailed my former spiritual director to pray for me, I had massive injuries and was in pain … I received no response from this priest…



And I thought wow this man (priest) was my “spiritual director” for over two years … recommended to me, by my own bishop and this priest is as cold as ice and lacking in mercy and compassion and humanity …  and he was teaching me about God??? His lack of response to anyone in pain and suffering screamed he needed a crash course in what it means to be a man of God!  Yet this priest was recommend,  by my own bishop … what has happened in the church on so many levels!!! ???



Mine is not an uncommon story, I have heard from many people,  when they needed the church or a priest or even a nun in time of spiritual crisis they were blown off by them, as well … and they all come in “the name of God”… that is not God, they are so far removed from the real presence of God … they are not even in the same realm!

So why do  think of my mother today … today is her birthday and I can no longer drive to see her and tell her face to face,  “Happy Birthday Mom, I love you”, she died over 30 years ago … so I will go to Mass and receive communion and ask Jesus Christ truly present in the Eucharist .. To relay my message to my mother and give her a hug for me … so through the Eucharistic presence of Jesus Christ, I say to you mom… today … on your birthday … “Happy Birthday Mom, I love you” … and thank you for having been such a good mother to me …   >3


Happy Birthday Mom 

https://thekindledspiritofebooks.blogspot.com/

Popular Posts