My Tossed Salad prayer


When I go to the Chapel at night I do not bring prayer books,  a Bible or beads to pray with, I bring me…that is all… 


I do not bring a preconception of what to say or how to say it…. I go to the Chapel empty…this is why I go there for I am empty and I seek to be filled,  by He who calls me there.

I try to settle my mind and that is when you can hear God within you, turn off outside to let Him speak to you from His position,  within you...now I admit my thoughts are unique and very different then most which is good and exactly what God wants he takes delight in personalities and loves to hear from you,  for you are a one of a kind no one else can fill the place within God’s heart that is made just for you.

So my thinking about  God on this night is in the form of a salad bar… yes a salad bar a really good one with lots of things to choose from…

So I say to God ...  dear Father you are my salad bar tonight and I will tell you what I would like to take from your selections offered.


     1)   May I fill my plate first high with salad greens and may these greens represent your love for all creation… Let the greens not be of just one variety but of every kind you offer… so I can approach all in the manner in which,  they feel most loved by You. Now you know I really like greens Father so pile it high on my plate.

    2)    Second may I have tomatoes (the red color of the tomatoes,  I would like to represent my passion for you and through you all things)… please slice these tomatoes in the shape of circles so this passion will have the symbol of a circle attached to them, without beginning or end…


         3)    May I now have a few sliced cucumbers (do you know the expression Father as cool as a cucumber) well let these cucumbers always remind me to remain cool and not get hot under the collar at anything that nothing is worth losing my cool over, that I can just give it over to you…

    4)     Let me see what do I want next…. Okay I know…. I would like some olives as a symbol of peace that I can give it to others and have it remain in me….

      5)   Okay I am looking to see what else I want …. That is it Father can I have some shredded carrots in my salad,  please to sharpen my eye sight so I can always see the needs of others that I am not blinded,  by what I think,  but I have clear vision to see the person within….

 … let me see and look for the goodness each person has within even when it is hidden from them, let me see it so clearly that I can show them how to find it within themselves….

      6)    Peppers next Father both sweet and hot ones these represent me and my personality that tries to be sweet but can get hot at times. Not to many hot ones though okay Dad, it burns the palate these hot items.

      7)    I think that is going to do it Father, that is a lot on my plate and for a dressing I would like ginger sauce… here again this represent me and the fact that I have to take this salad and feed it to others,  as well as partake of it… and my personality is strong like ginger but it also is a smell of Christmas like ginger bread cooking and I would like to be a gift to all… 

but wait now that I think  of Christmas and bread can I have this with my salad, Dear Father ..

 A slice of bread and a glass of wine and this represents the only thing I really need to consume Jesus in the Eucharist.. You know Father the heavenly bread we all need  ….



Popular Posts