Pet peeve ... And people who identify with their pets way too much!


I love animals, wild and domestic, what I do not like are some pet owners, who … and I will not get into the “dressing up your pets” issue (that is just bizarre to me). Well maybe I will get "into" one story  ... I will tell a story about woman who "dressed up her dog" ... once in a well known department store chain, a woman came in with her "therapy dog" ... now, by law you cannot ask for a "certificate" that verifies the animal is actually a trained therapy pet (but clearly this animal was not) for it barked and growled at people throughout the store... and that is not even the worst of it ... the woman was then caught on security cameras taking her "small dog" into the infants section of the story and she proceeded to try infant clothing on her dog ... GROSS!!! Not to mention a health code violation .. security came out and asked the woman to leave the store with her pet and all the infant clothing she put onto her her dog had to be removed from the floor and could never be sold ...   


What I would like to discuss are pet owners of dogs, who refuse to train their pets. We all know them, the ones who say, “oh don’t worry, he is friendly” as the dog is charging towards you… Or perhaps the dog owner who says … “oh she just wants to smell you” and the dog proceeds to molest you and touch areas of your body that are supposed to be private! (Seriously dog owners, I am calling you out … no more “me too moments”, with your dogs!) …

 Or how about the “jumpers” the owner will say … “oh he likes to jump on people”… I cannot tell you how many times I have been knocked over by such dog behavior … no wait “human behavior” it is the job of the owner to train your animal or keep it at home and do not subject society to your ill behavior transferred onto you dog!  


There are some philosophers / sociologists who say, “music is a reflection of the culture” at any given time in human history… I say “dog ownership” is….. As in the priorities and behavior of any given culture in history … In the 1950’s people owned collies, and similar breeds that are known to be family/ people friendly and these canines were kept “civil” and trained.

In contrast today more and more people are owning pit bulls (bred to fight, be aggressive and even kill other animals) … We even have TV shows letting us know how cool bit bulls are or other large or aggressive breeds … even some docile breeds are being raised, by people, who unfortunately have their own issues with aggression or “spoiling” of animals … animals are animals not to be spoiled, but to be cared for and respected, as a creature of God … not an idol …


So why do I think of “pets”… for I read the article below,  a few days ago … and I wondered … these dogs attacked the owner prior to them killing her … why did she keep them … sorry to all the animals rights people who might read this … but if an animal is aggressive towards humans and hurts human beings or even other animals, it needs to be put down … the life of a human being is far more precious… an animal willing to kill, will kill anything they have no moral compass to stop its behavior or delineate “right kill,  from wrong kill” …  


Yes, I love animals but I do not worship them … and people should always come first… do I like some animals more than people … yes I do … still the animal is secondary to a human life …    



https://thekindledspiritofebooks.blogspot.com/

Popular Posts