My mind wanders … I wonder did Jesus do funny things growing up …



Today is the feast-day of The Queenship of Virgin Mary and it also the day my family buried my father many years ago ... so I think of the mother of Jesus and I think of family 

I raised daughters …. so when my three grandsons came along … they would totally make me laugh …  they do such weird but funny stuff … in a flash they would cut it up with each other and then be best buddies the next minute … 


that is the nature of little boys … 

so I wonder did Jesus do funny stuff that made his mother and father laugh … did the Virgin Mary have to say … OK Jesus knock it off … as I had to say many things to my children and grandchildren 

… on some level I hope Jesus did have that type of childhood,  “a normal one” … and I hope the Virgin Mary had that type of motherhood with a young Jesus … as a mother, myself  … thinking in this manner makes Jesus’ death even more poignant for me …

 The Virgin Mary and Jesus not only mother and son … but shared family history of day to day  personal moments …  the kind only a family shares .. that never leaves you … and as the Virgin Mary stood under the Cross ... she had to be mentally reliving all those moments she had with her Son ... his laughter as child ... his smile ...his reactions to the world around him .. first haircut, the loss of a baby tooth, first word, all the things a mother remembers with her child, even though they are grown and adults  ...

 How the Virgin Mary's  heart must have been ripped apart on so many levels to see her Son die in such a fashion ... as she recalled the little boy ... the family history they shared  ..  

Heavy is the head that wears such a Crown  .... 
    



My grandsons 

https://thekindledspiritofebooks.blogspot.com/








Popular Posts