Happy Feast Day St. Matthew, my friend


Wow what a bummer I went to Mass this morning knowing it was the feast day of St. Matthew, Apostle and Evangelist. I was stoked … I really like St. Matthew …



Only to find that a memorial Mass was being said for a deceased Franciscan priest, who lived in the same rectory with another priest, who was one of the most notorious child abusers in my diocese! The priest who was being “remembered and honored in the  Mass” this morning … said “he knew nothing” of what was going on in the parish and in the rectory that he lived in with the abusing priest  … yes he claimed he was like Helen Keller … he saw and heard nothing or maybe like Hans Schultz …




 I call BS on that! If he did not know, he should have known … he was a priest and saw those abused altar boys everyday … Where was his powers of observation or even “spiritual sense” that there was something amiss … if he was that clueless what was he doing being a priest and not “Sensitive to the needs of those around him” … what the hell dude, hang up your Roman collar and get a clue!  

I did not stay for the Mass  … They offer a Mass for those Altar boys who were abused ... I will be there! 


Instead I went to the little Chapel and spent time before the Tabernacle, thanking God for St. Matthew and asking God to send priests into the world, who were like him and the 12 … those men who were attentive to the needs of the people of God and prayed for them… and did not prey upon them …      


Popular Posts