You can only buy things and positions on Earth, not eternity that bill has been paid


Yesterday marked 33 years ago that my family buried my mother … Life with my mother seems so far in the past, yet I am eternally grateful for her love and kindness. I remember her casket draped in pink and purple roses and thought how fitting to be laid to rest on “Valentine’s Day” … Valentine’s Day the day “Of love” … and God being the greatest and Creator of love …  



My mother died on the feast of Our Lady of Lourdes and was buried on St. Valentine’s Day and this year those days fell exactly during the week as they did 33 years ago … 33 years that is meaningful for all Christians, we are taught Jesus Christ lived for 33 years and died on the Cross to save us all … so I know my mother was saved (no doubt in my mind) and no member of the Catholic Church has to reassure me that she was … they think like man, not God and it was my mother’s faith and love of God  that saved her not the hierarchy of any given religion …



I feel so sorry for those who do not have faith in God or who are locked into thinking a “religion” can save you … or buying Masses or indulgences … reminds of the thinking of Mike Bloomberg … he wants to buy the Presidency (and he just might)  … you cannot “buy heaven” you cannot bribe God … God is open to all those with money to “buy Masses” and those who cannot afford to do so … the price was already paid by the Son of the living God … who died approx. 33 years after his birth …
   




https://thekindledspiritofebooks.blogspot.com

Popular Posts