New York, New York

New York, New York ... I have lived in the NYC Metropolitan area all of my life ,,, "the City" was always the place to go and be a part of ...

5th Avenue during the Christmas season, Rockefeller Center and its huge Christmas tree... The Thanksgiving Macy's Day parade, St. Patrick's Day Parade, going to the theater on Broadway, taking a Hansen cab ride in Center Park ... the Russian tea room of the past ... the Four Season's restaurant, high tea at the Plaza ... the MET and so many other museums in the City to visit and see ... and many shopping tips to the City to buy funky clothing (even purchased my prom dress from a store in the City) ...

I  remember going to the The Copacabana, the famous  New York City nightclub ... went to the 1960's famous Hawaii Kai restaurant in the City as well ( a really fun place to go to as a young adult) ...
I attended dozens of Masses at St. Patrick's Cathedral, both in the main Church and as a guest of Cardinal O'Connor in his private Chapel when Mother Teresa would visit him in the City ... also attended Masses in other churches in the City ...

And I would visit the  West side of City, there I met and became friends with a few Rabbis and learned about Judaism ...

I worked as model in the mid 1970's in the City as well and did a few roles as an "extra" in movies filmed in the City ... the modeling agencies that I was signed with were located in the City ...

Then there was the shock of NYC ... 9/11 .. it was attacked ... I went into the City post this time ... I saw all the make shift memorials of people who died on the site  ... I visited the 9/11 site when it was still a pile of rumble ... I never thought I would see anything as horrific as what I saw in lower Manhattan post 9/11 ... I was wrong  .... that "attack on the City" came from foreign sources... the attacks on the City are now coming from within the City itself  and those who governor New York City ... and it is happening daily ... not just limited to one area of the City either... the violence and blood shed is being promoted and self justified by the leaders of the City and the thugs /criminals they call "peace protesters" ...

Some compare the violence and destruction in the NYC to what it was like in the 1970's ... it is worse for there is a national democratic party political movement behind it ... called defund the police...

I will never see the greatness that once was New York City again... for even if the violence and destruction was stopped today, it will take years maybe decades to bring it back to what it was ... if  ever  ... it has become a literal wasteland of  failed current political polices and I fear this is the fate of many cities across the USA ... if people do not stand up and take back control of their government ...



Popular Posts